Too often I hear veteran photographers provide excuses for why they haven’t made photos in a long time. Here’s a tip for YOU in 2018, ditch the excuses and find the time to make photographs.
Here are ten reasons why I will be making railway photographs in 2018. Maybe you can come up with you own list:
10) It’s a great excuse to travel.
9) It’s a great motivation to get out of bed.
8) I might need new material to keep Tracking the Light fresh?
7) I want to revisit old places to look for new angles.
6) I want to revisit old places to make dramatic then and now comparisons.
5) I like to experiment with equipment, photographic techniques, lighting conditions, and new locations.
4) Things are on the cusp of change (really) and there’s no better time than now to photograph.
3) It allows me to explore history.
2) It gives me great opportunities to spend time with my friends.
1) I like being around railways and their inherent sense of motion and commerce.